It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hi From Somerset Uk
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:37 am 

Hi All
name is stu and i am new to the USSAF reenactment scene

i have allways been a ww2 plane nut and love the dakota , p47 thunderbolt and p38 lightning totally different planes i know but they are my favs .

i have just bought my first A2 jacket it is a cooper classic i no some of you may not like these jackets but it looks quite cool no side pockets all the hooks and right one piece back and sleeves and for the price i was happy any thoughts would be brill on this . i will get an Eastman one day soon

i will be searching through this fantastic forum for a good look guide i like the A2 /pinks/ choc brown shirt rig it looks brill . but any advice is greatfully recieved .

kindest regards stu

Post subject: Re: Hi From Somerset Uk
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:13 pm 

stu48 wrote:
Hi All
name is stu and i am new to the USSAF reenactment scene

i have allways been a ww2 plane nut and love the dakota , p47 thunderbolt and p38 lightning totally different planes i know but they are my favs .

i have just bought my first A2 jacket it is a cooper classic i no some of you may not like these jackets but it looks quite cool no side pockets all the hooks and right one piece back and sleeves and for the price i was happy any thoughts would be brill on this . i will get an Eastman one day soon

i will be searching through this fantastic forum for a good look guide i like the A2 /pinks/ choc brown shirt rig it looks brill . but any advice is greatfully recieved .

kindest regards stu

Welcome to the fraternity and I hope your treatment for your U.S.A.A.F. fetish goes well? :lol:

To me a Cooper is a good starting jacket and in time you will come to refine your understandings of this hobby and be able to walk out in your finery with a panache so deserving.

So keep trawling and asking questions.

MIKE.

A.A.F. Ferret Apparently?

Right waist gun "THE SPIRIT OF VALLEY FORGE"

Right waist gun "GHOST CREW"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:23 pm 

Hi Mike
and thanks for the warm welcome mate really happy to be here

i am happy with my cooper jacket it seems nice quality and has lots of features of the original a2 jackets thats why i was suprised with some of the comments i found .

a lot of the purists do not seem to rate them is there any reason for this? i no the company made 5000 jackets in the war is the spec different? and are they good enough to be a reenactment jacket ?

i got to get me fettish sorted just right :oops: :lol:

i will be bugging you guys in the near future regarding where to get uniform items etc ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:25 pm 

some pics

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:04 pm 

Stuart, welcome aboard! There are some great topics on this site from some very knowledgeable folks. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:40 pm 

ABE wrote:
Stuart, welcome aboard! There are some great topics on this site from some very knowledgeable folks. Enjoy!

Hi Abe
many thanks for the warm welcome mate its a brill forum with a wealth of info i learn something new every time i log in :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:31 pm 

Me too! :)
stu48 wrote:
ABE wrote:

Hi Abe
many thanks for the warm welcome mate its a brill forum with a wealth of info i learn something new every time i log in :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:43 pm 

i would like to get intouch with a USAAF reenactment team down here in the west country with a view to joining

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:22 pm 

Welcome to the forum. There were a few guys from Dorset way at Damyns Hall this year who do 9th AAF, but mainly represent 29th infantry. I'll see if i can track down some contact details and link you up with them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:54 pm 

Chris Warne wrote:
Welcome to the forum. There were a few guys from Dorset way at Damyns Hall this year who do 9th AAF, but mainly represent 29th infantry. I'll see if i can track down some contact details and link you up with them.

Hi Chris

thank you for the warm welcome . i have found the guys you are talking about got a couple of email addys but thank you all the same very kind of you to help . cheers stuart