It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Thanks for the welcome
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:54 am 

Yeah,I wanted to get on the site and see what all goes on "your" side of the Big Pond",I'm kind of disappointed as I've not heard from anyone ,I am willing to help with emblem ID's,Leather patch making etc.
It's good to see the people there are really caring about preserving the aircraft,history and all involved with the WW2 era, happy flying-reenacting and have a great day All !!!
Johnny
WeBeEmblems@aol.com
:)
Yes some photos of my work can be viewed at this site- leatherworker.net under the "Our Gallery" section take a look.

Also check my photobucket link just added a bunch of new ones , two sections to see
http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/EMBLE ... ry/Patches
enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Johnny Signor on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Thanks for the welcome
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:45 pm 

have you got some examples of your stuff then mr j? always interested to see some more fine work from over there.. dodo ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:25 am 

Hey Do-Do I'm wanting to send you some samples of my patch work in photos but I need you to send me you regular E mail addy, I have some in my mail files and can send that way but need you to contact me so I can send, Johnny
WeBeEmblems@aol.com

P.S. Happy New Year to you and all members !!!!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:17 am 

the dancing dodo wrote:
have you got some examples of your stuff then mr j? always interested to see some more fine work from over there.. dodo ;)

If you really want to see my work i wish you would e mail me direct or go to this site ,Vintage Leather Jackets" and register it's a great site for WW-2 jackets etc, I'm in the "leather jacket art/patches section of the forum under the "Webemblems work" topic , my e mail is
WeBeEmblems@aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:18 am 

Samples can be seen at this link,

Johnny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:35 am 

I painted patches and jackets for a number of years here in the UK, but at the time, there were few people over here who seemed willing to pay for the time it takes. I wasn't prepared to do it for peanuts, so packed it in.

Here's a couple of jackets. "Hi Ho Silver" was done from a black and white image with colours chosen by the customer. The Tigers jacket was copied directly from an original, as was "Little Friend". Personally, I don't like the wonky shaped P-51, but that's how it looked.

Image Image Image

My Collection
'58 Hotchkiss Jeep 'Follow Me' Jeep, '44 Dodge WC51 'Flying Control' truck
'43 Ford GPW 'Station Photo' Jeep, '53 Roset Trailer and a B-17G Fortress #42-31035

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:11 pm 

Blinking Nora Steve, they're a bit good, I especially like "Hi Ho Silver" how long did it take to paint that one? and what BG was that from?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:21 pm 

Know what you mean about the 'shapes" of things , sometimes I've done a few leather unit patches that weren't "correct" in shapes etc , but as mentioned that is how they were "originally" so that's how I made em, your work is great and I know what you mean about time involved and price "offered" , it's tuff over here to get $50.00 for a patch, and that's all I ask for them including postage, yet I've seen online guys getting $75.00-$100.00 for some not even as good as mine, go figure ........................
Johnny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:59 pm 

ABE wrote:
Blinking Nora Steve, they're a bit good, I especially like "Hi Ho Silver" how long did it take to paint that one? and what BG was that from?

It's so long ago, I can't recall times etc. Of course it varied with the level of detail in the design. I think my B3 was 20 to 25 hours, but that's just a rough guess.

My Collection
'58 Hotchkiss Jeep 'Follow Me' Jeep, '44 Dodge WC51 'Flying Control' truck
'43 Ford GPW 'Station Photo' Jeep, '53 Roset Trailer and a B-17G Fortress #42-31035

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:59 am 

I just added 4 new leather unit patches to my photobucket link, the "Air Group 11" patches, Vb-11,VT-11 and VF-11 are going to the USS Hornet Carrier Museum out in Calif, the VT-10 went to a collector , check out the link , thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny