It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Latest Addition
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:40 am 

Just paid for the latest addition to the collection...
I actually saw this first about six years ago but due to lack of storage was ubable to do anything about it. It should keep me busy(and broke) for a few years!.

Post subject: Re: Latest Addition
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:39 pm 

Nice one,

be great to see another of these lovely beast's back on the circuit, good luck with it.

Cheers Dave

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:09 pm 

Whats that to the right of it? Is it a Case?

Im curreently working on a Cletrac, although not like that. Im restoring a Cletrac General tricycle tractor for somebody. Only made them from 39'-41', the only 'wheeled' tractor they ever did.

Lee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:34 pm 

Hi Matt

I will have a set of cannopy frames for you in a couple of weeks so hurry up, pull your finger out and get it sprayed green!

Good to know it has gone to a good home after we went to see it all those years ago. I still have another one to track down around fifty miles from me.

Will keep you posted on progress, first to get theres 100% complete, buys the new tracks!!

Just seen yours has the foot rest, any chance of posting it to me so I can get a copy made ????

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:44 am 

Thanks for the comments. Lee it is a case I think,the chap I bought the Cletrac from has a very large collection of mainly 1930's and 40's American tractors,most are tracked but he does have several wheeled Case as well. To the left of the Cletrac you can also see one of his International's(TD-18 I think?) which under the flaking post war red paint has all it's WWII US markings intact.

Paul I'll be sending half of it to you at this rate! I'm hoping to spend a couple of weeks around Norwich this summer so I can probably bring the various bits with me. Thanks for the canopy frame,keep me posted!.

I will need to do some more research into Cletrac's use by the RAF as it carries both a pre and post 1948 RAF registration but I have not as yet found anything to suggest the RAF had them during the war,in which case I guess those used by the RAF will have seen service with the AAF during the war and passed to the RAF in 1945,though I can't see any trace of US markings but the shipping information is stencilled on the rear of the seat and along the edge of the RH fender.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:11 pm 

Yea looks like a TD-18 to me. :D Bitch to start on the crank handle ill tell ya!
Bizzare design of a 4 cylinder engine with a 2 sided petrol/deisel head instead of a donkey engine like most othe rmanufacturers!

Lee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:25 pm 

COOL! I can't wait to get a hold of Taigh's cletracs and get one or two up and running.

Scott

Msgt. Scott Dunkirk, C.I.G
AZGCLHU Inc.

http://arizonagroundcrew.org/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:01 pm 

Congratulations on the purchase, Matt. Persistence and patience pays off once again!

I wanted one of these for a long time but I don't feel comfortable enough in my job to buy anything that large that I'd have to move later. Keep us posted on your project.

Scott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:06 pm 

Quick update. Thanks for all the interest in this. I have not had a great deal of time to spend on the Cletrac lately,I have not had it running but it does turn over on the starter and fires if the carb float chamber is filled so I'm hopeful it will run. I did have a lucky find,someone breaking a Cletrac in the US which had many of the parts missing from mine such as toolbox,lights etc and I have bought one of the repro hood frames from Paul,so some progress is being made!.